Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Violin vs. Viola

In one of my other posts, I believe it was the hello one I said I would be explaining the difference between a violin and a viola. Guess what I will be doing today? You got it, I will indeed be explaining the differences between the violin and the viola. There is also something else that I wanted to talk about today, but it is on a different subject so I will be making another post after I complete this one. To sum that up, if this post is incredibly boring don't lose hope! There will another hopefully more interesting one coming your way very soon.
In the above picture I have set down my two instruments side by side so the differences between them can be more easily seen. I even added helpful name tags! As you can see from the picture the viola is a bit bigger than the violin. It also has a deeper more richer sound due to it's increased size. For the deeper sound the viola also has different strings than the violin. The strings on the violin are G D A E while the strings on the viola are C G D A. If you want to actually hear the difference the two instruments look on YouTube because I don't have good video technology sound wise. The other difference between the two instruments is that they have different clefs.
The violin uses the tremble clef (shown above), while the viola uses the alto clef (shown below).

No comments:

Post a Comment